The kick-off meeting of the Daphne Project "Anti-bullying strategies in schools" was held at the offices of "Icaro" Academic and Research Centre in Santa Maria Capua Vetere on Thursday, 6th November 2014. The project "Anti-bullying strategies in schools" is financed by the European Commission with the aim to prevent and tackle the growing of violence against children. Coordinated by " Icaro", a non-profit Consortium of Social Cooperatives, it will design and implement a new anti-bullying programme in schools from the five EU countries which take part in the partnership.
The meeting was coordinated by "Icaro" and involved A.N.S.I.- the National Association of Italian Schools of Villa Literno and some representatives of European organizations: Chris Gittings and Philip Garner, co-directors of the NCfLB -Northampton Centre for Learning Behavior, two members of ISJP- a Romanian Regional School Inspectorate under the authority of the Ministry of Education, a teacher of Geography and a psychologist from the Slovenian Primary School "OS AM Slomšek Vrhnika" and a member of CECE- The Spanish Confederation of Educational and Training Centres (International Department Relations).
Key areas of action were identified:
- To be aware of the effects of violence on children among all stakeholders
- Identify ten areas to talk about bullying in schools with regard to the concerns of children, parents, teachers and the community
- Produce a draft training programme and a school self-review project
- Establish contact with the five project schools and create a platform to put information in, share practices and compare outcomes
- Construct an interview schedule based on the ten areas and collect feedback to be compared with other countries
- Review of the current "state of the art" in bullying programmes in EU
- Collect a database of educational materials and programme resources for the schools to adapt and apply according to their needs
- Plan a "cascade" training programme for school leaders of bullying reduction
- Design an on-line school self-review instrument for anti- bullying
- Create an atmosphere of "convivencia" to deal with the problem
Gazzetta di Caserta del 13 novembre 2014